October 13, 2015 Luxury House Design
Luxury Residence with 15 Sustainability Features by Altius Architecture. This residence was designed by Altius Architecture with sustainable technologies. Sustainability Features of this luxury home consist of 15 feature :
1. Program and Spatial Optimization.
2. Integration with the ‘Natural Assets’ of your Site and Terrain.
3. Site Specific View and Vista Optimization.
4. Passive Solar Heating.
5. Natural Ventilation and Passive Cooling.
6. Natural Daylighting.
7. High Performance Envelope Design.
8. Material Optimization and Modular Design.
9. Renewable Materials and Finishes.
11. Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Non-toxic Materials and Finishes.
12. Advanced Geothermal Systems.
13. Radiant Heating.
14. Heat Recovery Ventilation.
15. Low Energy Lighting & Appliances.
16. Water Conserving Appliances & Fixtures.
Luxury Residence by Altius Architecture
August 20, 2015 Beach House Design
Pekapeka Beach House is holiday home was designed by Parsonson Architects. Located in Pekapeka Beach, Wellington, New Zealand. This home was an exploration in how to create a building of both a strong architectural character and economy. Used simple modular construction techniques combined with a very simple form in design.
The plan is a rectangle and is divided into 3 parts, the solid bedroom forms at each end support a floating roof over the living space in between. This layout allows the living room to face both east to hills and west to the sea. It allows sun into the house throughout the day, for passive solar heating of the concrete slab and creates a sheltered outside space on the east side that still keeps a strong connection to the western sea views.
Pekapeka Beach House, Holiday Home Design by Parsonson Architects