October 27, 2015 Guest Post
Some homeowners choose to install roman blinds themselves, either to save costs or because they aren’t quite sure when the installation can take place. We have compiled this basic installation guide to ensure that your blinds are installed correctly and that you don’t face any problems down the track. It should be noted that it is always easier to install with two people.
Inside Recess Mount
If your roman blinds are being installed inside the window frame, these are the installation instructions that you will need to follow:
• Inspect the blinds prior to beginning the installation process to ensure that they are intact and don’t have any dirty marks. If there are any issues, make sure you contact the manufacturer immediately.
• Have one person hold the blind in the desired location inside the window frame. The second person will need to screw it directly into the underside of the frame through the head rail.
• To ensure a secure fit, the head rail will need to be screwed evenly to the window frame. You will need two screws for blinds up to 1200mm, three screws for up to 1800mm and 4 screws for anything over this width.
• The blind should now be properly installed; unlock the cord by tugging on it and angling it towards the middle (at the same time). To lock the panel into position, release the cord whilst angling to the outside.
• To finish, ensure that you attach your selected child safety device to ensure that the cords are kept out of reach for children and pets. This could be a hook or a breakaway snap.
Outside Face Mount
If your roman blinds are being installed outside the window frame (on the wall), these are the installation instructions that you will need to follow:
• Inspect the blinds prior to beginning the installation process to ensure that they are intact, don’t have dirty marks and that the “L” shaped brackets have been supplied. Contact the manufacturer for any issues.
• Place an “L” shaped bracket about 1500mm in from each end of the window and space the rest evenly throughout the rest of the head rail to ensure that adequate support will be provided.
• Ensure that the brackets are placed in line with the top of the window frame. Screw into the middle of the oval slot (this will allow you to adjust each end to ensure it is 100% level).
• Place the head rail on top of the brackets. Make sure you are wearing gloves, as this will prevent you from marking the fabric of the panel. Check that it is centred and screw through the brackets into the head rail.
• The blind should now be properly installed. Follow the same instructions for unlocking the cord as in the inside recess mount installation, and ensure that your child safety device has been installed.
As you can see, installing your new roman blinds can be quite an easy process once you know what you are doing. The process can be made even easier by ensuring that you have a helper on hand; sometimes, just having someone to hold the brackets or blind in place will make all the difference. We hope that you have found this basic installation guide useful.